Charleston Lyft Accident Attorney
Lyft and other rideshare companies make getting around in Charleston about as easy as it gets – with no need to concern yourself with parking, navigating, or any of the other issues that go along with driving. If, however, you’ve been injured in a Lyft accident, it’s important to have a solid understanding of how to protect your rights and obtain compensation that is adequate to cover your losses. An experienced Charleston Lyft accident attorney can help.
The Lyft Driver
Although the Lyft driver who picks you up and takes you wherever it is that you need to serve in the role of a commercial driver – much like a cab driver – they have no special licensure or training. Transporting people for pay is an immense responsibility that involves additional driving challenges like all the following:
- Entering and exiting traffic frequently and making frequent stops
- Interacting with the Lyft app behind the wheel
- Locating Lyft passengers
- Navigating through locations that may be unfamiliar
- Locating pickup and drop-off locations
It’s a lot, and when you mix in any form of driver negligence, such as the following, the risk that an accident will occur increases considerably:
Filing Your Claim with the Appropriate Insurance Provider
If you’re injured by a Lyft driver’s negligence, the situation involved will determine which insurance provider you’ll file your claim with. Consider the following:
- If you were a passenger in the Lyft vehicle, the Lyft driver had a passenger in their vehicle, or they were on their way to pick up a Lyft passenger at the time of the accident, Lyft’s expansive coverage applies.
- If the Lyft driver was on the Lyft app but was at the stage in the process in which they were waiting to be assigned a passenger, you’ll file your claim with the driver’s policy, which Lyft requires them to carry. If your legal damages – or losses – surpass the driver’s insurance limits, Lyft’s coverage will be triggered.
- If, at the time of the accident, the Lyft driver is no longer on the Lyft app – even if it’s just momentarily – Lyft’s insurance won’t be involved, and you’ll file your claim with the driver’s provider.
Look to an Experienced Charleston Lyft Accident Attorney for the Help You Need
Being injured by a Lyft driver’s negligence can leave you feeling especially vulnerable, but the compassionate Charleston Lyft accident attorneys at Query Sautter & Associates have the legal insight, drive, and resources to help. The outcome of your claim will guide your recovery, and our dedicated legal team is well prepared to fiercely advocate for just compensation that covers your full range of physical, financial, and emotional losses. We’re here to help, so please don’t put off reaching out and contacting or calling us at 843-795-9500 for more information about what we can do for you today.